Sunday, February 22, 2015

My First Week In Crochet Post

Welcome to my blog!  The idea to begin blogging came when I wanted a place to chronicle my crochet projects.  My plan is to post once a week and include pictures of what I worked on each day. And yes, I do crochet almost every day of the week!  The items I crochet most often are newborn hats, the majority of which get donated to locate hospitals, and I also do prayer shawls, they go to area hospitals as well. But items for friends and family get thrown in, too.  And once in awhile, I make something for myself.  ;  )

Here are a few things I'm working on right now.

This prayer shawl - it started out on a knitting loom, but on Monday I decided I didn't like the way it was turning out, so I pulled it apart and switched to crochet.  It's just a simple pattern, one single crochet one double.  My favorite pattern for shawls.


I started two hats yesterday.  Yes, two...what can I say, both yarns called to me and I wanted to see how they would look.  The off-white is more interesting than the picture portrays, it has a bit of a shine to it every inch or so.  Again, the picture doesn't show the detail.  When it's finished, I'll try to take a picture closer up and see if I can better capture the yarn.


Some baby hats I've made recently - experimenting with stripes...


And colors......



So now you have my plan.  Happy crocheting!    




No comments:

Post a Comment