Sunday, March 1, 2015

2nd week in crochet....

My first project this week was a request from my son and his girlfriend, they were going to a baby shower and wanted "Jayne's hat" from Firefly.  I've never seen the show, but they found me a picture and this is pretty much it, in newborn size.  The mom and dad to be really loved it from what I heard...

My co-worker Judy and I sometimes crochet on our lunch hour at work.  Something new we're both trying is Tunisian crochet. It's nice to do something different once in awhile.  This will hopefully be a prayer shawl.  I've ripped it apart once, the left edge was turning out uneven, but I'm counting stitches this time and it still looks uneven to me.  I'm going to try to finish it and maybe put a border on it, and/or block it to see if I can make it even.  If you've never seen Tunisian, it's a crochet hook with a long "tube" attached.  You work one row and leave the loops on the tube.  Hard to explain, I'll see if I can get better pictures next week.


Some hats I've done this week.  Have a new rose flower pattern that is super easy and I like the way it looks.  Just crochet one long row of double/single crochet combo and then wrap it around to form the rose.


Tried a couple of newsboy hats this week, something different for boys, which is hard to find.  Not sure I like the way they turned out though.  Have to keep trying to perfect this one...

A few more rows on the prayer shawl in progress


Saturday we went to the RV show.  This is our dream RV.  I'm standing by it to show the height so we can see if our existing deck would work with this RV.  In a dream world where we actually buy this one....


And then I baked.  Yummy cinnamon coffee cake.  King Arthur Flour recipe.  



And the last hat of the week.  Using up some of the yarn I bought for the Jayne hat.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment