Sunday, March 29, 2015

Start of Spring!

Well, the calendar says spring has begun, but the weather still isn't so sure.  Another cold week here.  Hoping the upcoming one will be a little better.  Today is not....   But here's what I've been crocheting this week:

 
My co-workers and I have started on the loom knit blanket we're going to make and then donate to the silent auction that is held to raise funds for United Way each year.  We're using this color combination on two of the panels, and then a light green and the grey for the other panel.  Although three might not be enough.  We'll decide when we have three done.  The green in this panel doesn't show very well in the picture. 
 


A baby hat I like very much, especially the butterfly button.


Pair of hats I made for twins that my husband's friend is expecting any day.


Prayer shawl, in the corner-to-corner pattern.  I love working with this pattern, it's a first for me.  Goes very quickly and it's pretty mindless, so good for when I'm watching something on TV that I need to pay attention to or miss details.  I'm almost out of the multi-colored yarn (crocheted with two strands, the multi-colored one was too fine on it's own), so I'm going to have to search some out to finish this.  The red yarn woven through the right hand side is to remind myself that I need to decrease on that end while increasing on the other so that it is a rectangle in the end. 


And two little hats that I also made using a loom knitter.  The orange yarn is really cute, but crocheting with it wasn't working well at all.  No matter how loose the stitch I used, it wound up looking very bunched up.  Thought they turned out cute with the loom, and of course the big pom pom!  The one on the left I forgot to turn the edge up for a brim, so I crocheted the white border on.


That's my week, hope you're making something fun! 



No comments:

Post a Comment